Friday, January 14, 2011

First ever....

On Saturday, January 8th, Little John went on his first ever temple trip to do baptisms for the dead. (I had to explain to him that he would be the proxy and that we DO NOT exhume bodies and actually do the baptism on dead bodies. He had been a little bit concerned until I told him that.) He rode down with four young men from the Hutchinson Ward and they met others youth from Hutchinson there.The Oklahoma City Temple
Driving down to Oklahoma City.
John, in front of the temple.

All the young men.... Jacob, Jason, John and Dustin. (I didn't make John wear his suit coat and I probably should have.)

4 comments:

Jennilee said...

haha look how long his tie is, that made me laugh. i hope he liked it!!

Diana Windley said...

Reminds me of our youth temple trips to Dallas. It was 8 hours round trip...it would be a very long Saturday. Lots of memories from those road trips. Good times!

Eric and Tracey said...

does this mean we are getting older too? :) you've had some fun exciting times!

Becky and Todd said...

Ah, that is always a precious "first"...the first temple trip. We tried to make sure one of us went with them to help ease their nervousness. I cannot believe he is 12!